Thursday 6 March 2014

How does your product represent particular social groups?



So by my product being dark lighted and oozing individuality my audience will be proud to be seen in possession of it as the magazine is a statement of social status, it shows the rest of the world who you are and that your 'cool and popular' as you are the first to know what clubs to go to this week and know the latest clothes.

The language i have used is quite informal with the use of 'creepier' and the not politically correct 'garage royalty', in my contents page this informality is further used as words such as 'lowdown' and 'adopted' are used to set a relaxed tone as my target audience have very relaxed personalities and wont like reading a magazine that influences their life in an informal tone. The language used in my double page spread is not really representative of my social group which is a major flaw of my double page spread as i could of used street slang to have a further, more deeper connection with my audience however, the interviewer portrays herself as one of the target audience as she shares that she has attended one of the creeps live shows which will then cause the audience to respect her alot more as there is that connection there. Due to the interview being semi-structured the flow of the interview represents the free flow of the lives of my audience as their life goes with the wind wherever it will take them.

The clothes that my models wear represent the target social group of my magazine as the creep is dressed in street wear and in the background is a DJ set which the audience will be familiar with as they see it every weekend, the clothes of DJ Katy also represent my social group as she is dressed extremely individual, also by having a female artist as one of my main stories it represents the equal balance of gender in the particular social group.
The eye level shot angles of the images in my magazine are nearly all eye level to enhance the balance of power between artist and audience, it represents the vulnerability and mortality of the creep as his story backs up.

This particular social group has a very open view on sexuality and bisexuality tends to be popular within the group, this is represented through the image of DJ Katy as she is seen getting intimately photographed by another woman which creates the feeling of sexual tension between the audience and the artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment