Tuesday 28 January 2014

Anchorage text

As the music genre has an effect on all aspect of street life, I have included a fashion incentive on the front page too portray the variety of content in the magazine. There is a house font that wasn't present in my school magazine, this gives the magazine more iconic status and a recognisable style as well as obviously looking more professional. There is a different font for the codes of the magazine such as issue number, date, price etc as they need a different recognition from the audience. The font style of my anchorage text on the school magazine was made on word which didn't look original and fairly unprofessional, there also wasn't a house font which caused the magazine to lack iconography. However I didn't just focus on school life, I focused on a students image and their future aspects with the university strapline, which will appeal to my audience on different levels. In my school magazine there was no accompanying anchorage text description which I included in my music magazine, it adds a professionalism about the story and also will give the audience a quick deeper preview it, as well as being a platform for more persuasive writing to attract the audience. As the school magazine lacks the titles descriptions, the anchorage text looks brief and not given enough weight, however the straplines anchorage text 'Best uni for you' anchors down the background images without hindering the ability too view the buildings. The school magazine is missing the date and issue number which anchors down the validity of the magazine to the audience, this is a major weakness.

The colour of the fonts used in the school magazine vary too much in my opinion, I have now realised that the font associated with a story has to represent that particular story in everyway and not the magazines colour scheme which is what I did in my school magazine. The colour of my text in my music magazine shows my understanding of my previous statement by 'The Creep' story in the creeps iconic colour green which is different to the aluminous green of the Jungle font, my anchorage side story's are written in the iconic Jungle green and white which gracefully corresponds with the large masthead colours.

"The right pathway for you?" was the main story on the front page which is a rhetorical question that most of my audience will be unsure of the answer and so will want to read the story as there future is the most important thing in the world to them. Also the "right" pathway makes the audience feel like this magazine has all the answers which would consequently sell more issues.

"Look the part", this plays on another aspect of the student life which is of course IMAGE. Every young adult wants to look good but the average student doesn't have that much money available to them so I've used the connection with the audience from my masthead to let them know that the magazine understands and so therefore the clothes will be priced cheaply.



No comments:

Post a Comment