Wednesday 29 January 2014

Structure

The layout of my two productions are extremely different due to my vastly improved knowledge of the conventions and how to adapt them to my brand.



So as you can see I have come on a huge learning curve as the main thing I learnt about structure is 'more is less', and everything I put on the magazine front page has to be effective but simple and connote deeper meanings subtly. 


Contents pages




Originally I wanted to have one image that structured the contents down the page but doing this would of not varied the image type from the front page as two full sized images would of been used so I decided to use individual photographs that represent the story, positioned in the space that is left void by the features and club review boxes as it fills the page whilst enhancing the fact that these two images are the main story's in the magazine, the diagonal positioning of the two main stories also balance the page out.
The layering of the different boxes is neat and compact which my school magazine contents page lacked as the boxes are not positioned properly and interfere with the stretched background image.  
The colours of the masthead are carried through into the contents page as the green, white and pink are used as the font colours which gives the brand more recognition and identity.
Again the title spans across the width of the page which is another one of my magazines iconic features, whereas in my school magazine I had no brand identity to carry through so the magazine contents page could of belonged to any magazine as there was no iconic representation of the Hustle magazine on the page.





  • Minimal layering
  • Plain, bland text
  • Boring colours









No comments:

Post a Comment