Wednesday 12 February 2014

How did i attract/address my audience?

The uniqueness of my masthead will attract the eye of the audience no doubt as my masthead spans across the entire width of the page in club-like colors which my target audience will connect too. The unique iconic flamingo and palm tree will intrigue the audience as my magazine is different which will also add to the attraction of my magazine as my target audience loves to be different in there clothes and style so why should they be an different in what they read?
The main photograph has intense eye contact as the model is peering down the lens of the camera straight at the reader, this creates an automatic connection and intimacy between the creep and the audience which heightens the direct address.
I attracted my audience by targeting not just their music interest but there style interest as well via a sell line, as my target audience has a certain dress code which is associated with this genre of music = street wear. My audience also like to be at the forefront of everything new and are usually the first to know about the latest fashion and set the new trends so by my magazine stating it has the 'latest street wear' then this will most certainly attract my target audience.
The language used in the anchorage text "the background to my new album is creepier" is a play on words to create intrigue and a tone of humour to supress the darkness of the story and the main image. The inside story about the creep gave the audience serious insight to the history of thr artist and opens up the what he's gone through which creates an emotion of sympathy and awe around the artist which causes an emotional attraction.
The moderate price of £2.35 is extremely good value considering the content of the magazine as it includes fashion, emotional interviews and information about nightlife and the street scene, this magazine is a teenagers guide to street life so a couple of quid is a very decent price.

No comments:

Post a Comment