Thursday 12 December 2013

Double page spread text

I have been researching the way text is presented on a double page spread and what sort of tone to write in. I realised that although the text has to be professional it can be informal as the personality of the journalist has to shine though. Usually with witty comments or questions that have controversial answers, the journalist and photographer should be credited.
The text should be structured into 2-4 columns (usually vertical) however a pull quote from the interview should be added to break up the page and make the audience have a bit of excitement by having a different type of text to read instead of constant sized font all the way through, as it will get boring. There should always be a subheading or stand first that stands out slightly to introduce the artist/s and tell the audience what the article is about, then when the actual column starts then a drop capital should be used to show the audience where to start reading, it also looks classy.

The text in my magazine double page spread I have decided will be informal as I want my personality to come though with a hint of seriousness as it is hard to keep The Creep under control and that will come though in my interview.
I have created my stand first,

The former leading band member of UK garage artist Artful Sinners, Callum Ruane, has released his first solo album 'Intentions'. Radio 1 xtra have already played a few of the tracks from the album and consequently received texts, tweets and more about the rapid rise of 'The Creep'.

No comments:

Post a Comment