Friday 13 December 2013

Starting to produce the double page spread


I used a green fading into black background colour as it is the iconic colour of The Creep, it also adds a tone of expectation to the page as the audience expect a content worthy of the dramatic style.
The intimate image of The Creep is a photograph I have previously analysed in my blog, however I'd like to highlight the effect on the audience that this great shot has, the high angle creates a sense of hierarchy between the audience and The Creep as the shot looks down on him creating an automatic power difference. The 'eye contact' is obviously there however the eyeballs are shadowed out too create emotional discomfort in the audience as The Creeps intentions/mood is not clear.
I have placed the magazines iconic signifier in the top corner of the page (pink flamingo), most magazines have there masthead in the corner but my magazine is different and will stick in the mind.
The heading of this story is subtle yet effective as the ellipses plants the seed of curiosity in the audiences mind but with the power of obvious hindsight I know that the ellipsis means that the background of The Creep is also going to be revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment