Saturday 14 December 2013

Retake of a contents page photo

Instead of StreetSonics being one of the photos on my contents page, I decided to use Dj Katy instead as one of the photos as I think a female presence will be welcomed as there is such a male dominated front page.
The meaning behind this photo is trying to get the 'behind the scenes' appearance by taking a privileged angled photograph behind the shoulder of the 'photographer'. My model (Niamh) is wearing a quirky playsuit to match her quirky style that is portrayed by her pale make up with jet black hair with blood red lips.
To emphasis the paleness of Niamh's skin, I made sure she was facing direct sunlight which helps create a prejudgement in the audiences mind that Dj Katy is very innocent and natural as she is surrounded by nature wearing minimal makeup. The black coat of the 'photographer' increases the effect of the pale skin of Niamh, which also fits into the theme of contrast in my magazine.
(This photo was taken with an Iphone 5 camera)

Heading to accompany this photograph

Behind the scenes at Dj Katy's new fashion range

No comments:

Post a Comment