Monday 18 November 2013

Development of my school magazine

I used the cropping tool on Microsoft publisher to crop the photograph into fitting into the page, too separate the silver and purple strips I used the shape tools on Microsoft publisher and filled in the gaps with colour. I got the font off a website called 'Da font', a tool which contains professional fonts for creative ideas.

Using all the techniques I have learnt at the start of the AS media course I have put together a school magazine, My target audience was sixth form students so I had to come up with a suitable masthead, I came up with;


Students can associate there daily stresses and work with 'the hustle' it makes the audience think that the magazine is on there 'side' and that it understands them. The font I have chosen to use is a typical upper class handwriting font which signifies education, the silver colour is too indicate that it is a unisex magazine which is for older teenagers.
 
 

My photography

 
 
 
The thinking behind this image is that I wanted to show the two different routes you can take in sixth form , you can not take it seriously (hence the model on the right being on his phone) or you can knuckle down and work for your future. But I thought very carefully about the mise en scene, I walked around a valley to find an area with a background to represent an urban/young/fresh scene to show the audience that you can be both outgoing and fresh as well as a studious student.
This is a medium shot as it shows the body from the waist up and leaves space to show the scene, a medium shot is essential for a magazine main image as it allows maximum communication with the audience as messages can be put across using facial expressions, props, background and make up. It
is also an eye level shot to make the equilibrium between the audience and characters in the image the same, it also shows the studious student on the same level as the audience with is important as it gives self belief that you can be like the girl in the image and have the best of both worlds in terms of social life and studying.
 

Colour scheme

 

Purple and silver are the main iconic house colours for my magazine with a splash colour of royal blue. Purple is used as it is a unisex colour that releases the relaxed vibe that I want my audience to feel when reading my magazine because school is stressful enough, silver is used to remind the audience that it is still a serious magazine in contrast to the bright playful, relaxing purple. The splash colour of blue is used in the anchorage text and strapline , it stands out on top of the purple and silver to grab the audiences attention ,blue is also a relaxing colour.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment