Saturday 23 November 2013

Reader profile

A reader profile is a portrayal of readership demographics prepared by magazines. It essentially is the perfect audience who your magazine is aimed at, so the right advertisements can buy a place in your magazine, therefore you can charge more if your magazine fits the advertisers profile as you know that your magazine is the only one that is suitable for that company.

My reader profile

As there is no current garage magazine on the market I cant draw out and compare there audience profiles so I have realised that garage music is played at hot nightclubs and car parks, the age for these clubs such as 'rainbow' in Birmingham is 18-24, however house party's play mostly garage music so my lowest age range would be 15 not 18, radio1 xtra's highest age range is 30, however I don't see a 30 year old buying a magazine that 15 year olds are buying, so for that reason I am making my highest age range 23.
 
 
The gender of my reader profile is not something I can depict because females and males both listen too radio1 xtra and go too the same raves and partys and dance too the same music, most of my urban style girl-friends listen too garage all the time so no gender has the majority too design my magazine towards.
 

The style

My stereotypical consumer will have an urban, individual style, dressed in expensive street wear. There dialect will be street slang as my readers will be cultured to the urban way of life, some people might even go as far as stating garage music is a way of life too my target audience, its a way of expressing themselves through dance and beats whilst connecting too the featured vocalists that are on many tracks.
 
 
 

Social status

My reader profile will slot into social class E because they will be either a student or in low paid work as they live the urban life.
 
 



The style of my audience is based on the artists themselves, music is my audiences lives, it influences everything, so my magazine has to represent not just the music but every aspect of life.


There the ones who are the first to recommend a new tune or fashion trend within their peer group.


My demographic spans across from the young bedroom dj to accomplished producers, there the best informed group about upcoming tunes and the new clubs to be at.


 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment