Saturday 23 November 2013

Primary qualitive audience research

I have chosen 'Jungle' as my masthead and brand for my garage music magazine as I think it represents garage music in terms of its urban, vintage background as films like 'jumanji' 'George in the jungle' 'jungle book' etc. are all vintage films, so the audience will associate jungle with a vintage sound such as garage which has been around a long time. It also represents the music itself as the jungle is full of different elements and so is garage music. However in the 80's was the rise of 'old school jungle' music and faded out not long after, a form of garage music in its own right a sub genre of it, this could mislead my audience if they have knowledge of jungle music and interpret that my magazine is purely a niche magazine about jungle music, but my TARGET AUDIENCE will not associate 'jungle' with jungle music as they will have been born in a later generation, however I will conduct some research of what my target audience imagines when they see my masthead.

My research method

I have designed two simple questions that I will hand out too people that fit my reader profile;

No comments:

Post a Comment