Friday 22 November 2013

Mock up Production planning and ideas

 
The basic layout for my magazine will have a main image and a couple of main story's in anchorage boxes that I made on paint using the spray can effect for an extra urban edge. My main image will be of a solo artist called artificial ,the font I have used is very grunge but the font is iconic of artificial to add authenticity so the audience will recognise that. The strapline is the same type of grunge font however it is in a different colour to the anchorage text of my main image to avoid confusion.


Colour schemes

The black background would make my layered colours project off the page vibrantly to compliment the style of garage music, however there is too many colours on this scheme which would damage my chance of securing an iconic look. But I like the fact that black is a good base colour to work on as it is simple but effective as it will stand out on the shelf next to the bright magazines.




The vibrancy of garage music is reflected in this colour scheme , with the hints of 90's grey and dirty orange , this colour scheme oozes garage but is too feminine an would just blend in on the shop shelf with the pink pop magazines.


I have focused my colours more around the masthead on this scheme ,although I like the masthead colours , I am not settled on the anchorage boxes colour , there seems to be too much going on the page, I don't want my magazine to be gimmicky, however my masthead work I can build on.






I will try and take the best features from each colour scheme and mould a 'new' colour scheme based on these separate ideas.








No comments:

Post a Comment