Thursday 21 November 2013

Garage music and audience research

It is extremely difficult to find a garage music magazine as there is not one out there; I plan on taking full advantage of this gap in the market. I believe that my music magazine will be successful as there is a whole generation (90's kids) that is being totally bypassed in the music magazine industry, the main feature that young people look for when deciding which club or house party to go too is based on the music that's played and I know for a fact that the clubs that play garage and house music are the clubs that have everyone talking, so surely if young people pay to get into these types of clubs every weekend they are interested in the music genre? That is why the production of a garage magazine will be so successful.

I have real belief that my garage music magazine will be successful because I am hitting the audience that is hidden beneath generic styles of old or boring styles of music such as pop or rock ,my vision is futuristic for music.No garage music that DJ’s play or the garage music that is popular gets airtime, as the typical pop songs are more favoured as the radios play it safe and like too hit the biggest audience possible ,so there isn’t really an outlet for my audience too find out about garage tunes or learn more about their favourite artists, so this is just another reason why my magazine will sell.
 



I have researched into the audience for my garage magazine however it is hard to research without a magazine to base it on, however I know that radio 1 xtra airplays a lot of garage and house music (garage originates from house) so therefore the audience of radio 1 xtra should be similar to the audience of my magazine as there is no bigger research method than the radio viewing figures when it comes to working out your target audience.
1Xtra's typical audience is between 15-30 years old. the upper age range is deliberately lower than sister station radio 1 which is closer to 35.


No comments:

Post a Comment