Wednesday 20 November 2013

Generic vision of the industry

It has come to my attention as I was researching music magazines that the pop magazines are very similar to each other as they all hold the same values and stereotypical reader profile, same with rock magazines, in my opinion there are too many mainstream ideology's and I don't see any magazine company taking a risk. I have collected some evidence of the generic magazines;
 
Stereotypically targets girls
The typical pink
The typical beautiful pop idols, that influence the young audience who look up to them
Typical heart throbs
Random anchorage boxes scattered across the page to get as many pop stars and colours as possible onto the front page as young girls are bound to have there favourite on there.
 

Why will my magazine be individual and not generic?

My genre for my music magazine will be GARAGE MUSIC. I have a niche audience ,however this niche audience is hugely desperate for a magazine as there is currently no source of garage music information that is available to buy. My colours will not be main stream, they will be individual and iconic too build a representation of my brand. I will not have a typical heartthrob as my main image as my magazine will focus on the music/artistry side of garage rather than the celebrity image. Another reason why my magazine will be individual is due to that fact that my audiences style is individual, street wear is iconic too garage music and this clothing allows a very individual style.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment